extremely low download speed on both ethernet and wifi

Oct 15, 2018
i checked the speed test through verizon, and my download speed is 4 mbps. it should be above 50. every other person's device in the house is above 50 so it's not verizon. my download speed IS THE SAME with wifi or ethernet connection. i thought for sure by attaching ethernet cable it would normalize. what could this be? upload speed is 76 mbps.

Oct 15, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from krweiler : "extremely slow download speed - tried everything"

i checked the speed test through verizon, and my download speed is 4 mbps. it should be above 50. every other person's device in the house is above 50 so it's not verizon. my download speed IS THE SAME with wifi or ethernet connection. i thought for sure by attaching ethernet cable it would normalize. what could this be? upload speed is 76 mbps. my computer is less than a year old, and my son has the same one, and it's getting high download speeds.

Oct 15, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from krweiler : "slow download speed"

hello. I am having trouble with streaming anything, as well as just getting to website content. checked the speed test through verizon, and my download speed is 4 mbps. it should be above 50. every other person's device in my house is above 50 so it's not verizon. my download speed IS THE SAME with wifi or ethernet connection.what could this be? upload speed is 76 mbps. my computer is less than a year old (and my son has the same one with high download speed).

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Try and turn off your antivirus / internet security if you have any.. that can cause issues depending on the maker you have. (this would just be for testing). Next thing I would do is update your drivers for the nic cards and such.