[SOLVED] Extremely low FPS Gtx 1070ti

Jan 24, 2019
I’ve been getting extremely low FPS for a 1070ti for about 3 months now, and I’m sick of it. Can some1 help me out? My specs: Zotac Gtx 1070ti
16gb Corsair vengeance ram 2400
Ryzen 1400 oc 3.7 ghz
Asrock b350m motherboard
Aero cool 500w psu
Getting average around 30fps assassins creed odessey on all settings, even 1440p doesn’t change FPS or lowering resolution, still runs under 60. I’ve done everything in Geforce experience and turned vsync off. Getting like 60-80 FPS r6 siege no matter settings

Solution
I actually just fixed all my FPS issues, or at least got really close to the performance I should be getting by testing out different oc’s, I stopped at 3.65 ghz and I closed all my cpu using apps

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I see a number of things that could be causing the issue, but first, did you uncap the framerate in the game's(ACO) settings?
https://www.userbenchmark.com/
^Run this and post your results - close all apps before running.

As for my initial guesses:
Your cpu/gpu combo isn't well balanced. A high-end gpu with a low-mid range cpu, usually ends with the cpu getting pegged to 100% usage struggling to keep up with the gpu.
This is made even more relevant with the slower ram in your system. Ryzen chips are at their strongest with at least 3000mhz ram.
Then there's the matter of your psu - it may or may not be supplying the needed power. Open up you case and find the product information label - you may end up having to remove the unit if it's still not visible. Once you've found it, look for the 12v rail on the chart and post what the wattage is right below that.

Jan 24, 2019
UserBenchmarks: Game 92%, Desk 53%, Work 48%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 - 60.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti - 118.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 74.4%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C16 2x8GB - 85.1%
MBD: Asrock AB350M

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Could you post the link to those results?
What's the exact model of your psu? You can find the exact model on the label inside the case.

Jan 24, 2019
I actually just fixed all my FPS issues, or at least got really close to the performance I should be getting by testing out different oc’s, I stopped at 3.65 ghz and I closed all my cpu using apps

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Good to hear that it wasn't anything too serious!

But, you didn't specify what model your PSU was. I'm concerned on whether it's enough with the 1070ti you're running.
If you don't mind, could you open up your case and post the model number(ex: VS500, GZ500, or something similar) - even better if you also post what the wattage rating is directly below the 12v rail.