[SOLVED] Extremely low FPS in all my games.

Zanorax

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
Around December sometime my PC started getting really low fps in games. at first I thought it was just warzone being very well optimized on pc. But I soon found out it was happening in ALL my games, I also noticed the sound would become distorted through the hdmi when I played games. It didn't happen if I played music or videos but only after I launched a game and would continue even for music and videos until I restarted my pc. First I was told it was the psu so I had that replaced under warranty. (my entire pc is only about 2 years old) The issue was still happening, I then reinstalled windows but still not change. I was unable to really do anything else about it for a while because of lockdown.

I took my pc in to a store twice for a check up and both times they said nothing is wrong. Though I feel like they never even looked at it. Both times they had my pc for roughly a month and when I called to ask about it they said it is ready to go they tried to call me yesterday.

I bought new speakers that use the audio jack on my motherboard and the sound issue has fixed so I figured the issue must be my gpu. My gpu was a msi 1080ti. I sent it to msi for repair and they gave me a free upgrade to a 2080 duke. The sound issue in the hdmi is fixed now but I still get extremely low frames in my games and I can not think of why, I have pulled the entire pc apart several times and nothing ever changes. I have been using several games to test my pc and I get low frames in every single game no matter how demanding it is. and I mean really low like 5 fps in sea of thieves on lowest settings. smaller indie games are just as bad.

I have pulled the entire pc apart several times to make sure everything is in place correctly and nothing is loose. I use msi afterburner to check the heat and everything is fine there is no overheating. task manager says my gpu is using around 99% while I have a game running and about 50% for ram. my cpu is an i7 7740x with watercooling and I have 16gb of ram.

My case is coolermaster cosmos c700m which is a very large case and has plenty of airflow and my power supply is a corsair RM 850x.
My motherboard is msi gaming m7 ack x299.

I have also just done a complete wipe of everything on my pc and all my drivers are up to date.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong please?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020
Around December sometime my PC started getting really low fps in games. at first I thought it was just warzone being very well optimized on pc. But I soon found out it was happening in ALL my games, I also noticed the sound would become distorted through the hdmi when I played games. It didn't happen if I played music or videos but only after I launched a game and would continue even for music and videos until I restarted my pc. First I was told it was the psu so I had that replaced under warranty. (my entire pc is only about 2 years old) The issue was still happening, I then reinstalled windows but still not change. I was unable to really do anything else about it for a while because of lockdown.

I took my pc in to a store twice for a check up and both times they said nothing is wrong. Though I feel like they never even looked at it. Both times they had my pc for roughly a month and when I called to ask about it they said it is ready to go they tried to call me yesterday.

I bought new speakers that use the audio jack on my motherboard and the sound issue has fixed so I figured the issue must be my gpu. My gpu was a msi 1080ti. I sent it to msi for repair and they gave me a free upgrade to a 2080 duke. The sound issue in the hdmi is fixed now but I still get extremely low frames in my games and I can not think of why, I have pulled the entire pc apart several times and nothing ever changes. I have been using several games to test my pc and I get low frames in every single game no matter how demanding it is. and I mean really low like 5 fps in sea of thieves on lowest settings. smaller indie games are just as bad.

I have pulled the entire pc apart several times to make sure everything is in place correctly and nothing is loose. I use msi afterburner to check the heat and everything is fine there is no overheating. task manager says my gpu is using around 99% while I have a game running and about 50% for ram. my cpu is an i7 7740x with watercooling and I have 16gb of ram.

My case is coolermaster cosmos c700m which is a very large case and has plenty of airflow and my power supply is a corsair RM 850x.
My motherboard is msi gaming m7 ack x299.

I have also just done a complete wipe of everything on my pc and all my drivers are up to date.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong please?
Have you updated windows 10

TRENDING THREADS