[SOLVED] Extremely low fps on build

Aug 21, 2020
A few months ago I bought a used pc and it has been underperforming. I recently replaced the motherboard/ram/cpu and kept the gtx 1060. I'm getting extremely low fps on games like risk of rain and outward. Frames in the low 40's on bare minimum settings. Recently reinstalled windows and have checked the drivers on the gpu.

Specs:
Gpu: Gtx 1060 6gb
Cpu: ryzen 5 3600
MB: Gigabyte b40m Ds3h
Ram: corsair vengeance 2x8
psu: 460W

Aug 21, 2020
A few months ago I bought a used pc and it has been underperforming. I recently replaced the motherboard/ram/cpu and kept the gtx 1060. I'm getting extremely low fps on games like risk of rain and outward. Frames in the low 40's on bare minimum settings. Recently reinstalled windows and have checked the drivers on the gpu.

Specs:

Here are my recent benchmarks
UserBenchmarks: Game 53%, Desk 88%, Work 50% CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 87.2% GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 58.4% SSD: SSD 240GB - 102% RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C16 2x8GB - 48.9% MBD: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020

Specs:
I think I might have a idea what is going on. Try running DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode and do a clean and restart for nVidia and then back into normal mode install the latest nVidia GeForce drivers and let us know how things are then. Also for the heck of it go to power options in cpanel and set it to performance and get back to me. ✝

Aug 21, 2020
I think I might have a idea what is going on. Try running DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode and do a clean and restart for nVidia and then back into normal mode install the latest nVidia GeForce drivers and let us know how things are then. Also for the heck of it go to power options in cpanel and set it to performance and get back to me. ✝
Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers worked extremely well and I was able to get 170 frames where I was getting 40. But the next day i'm back to the same problems after turning on my PC. Is this something i'll have to do every day.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers worked extremely well and I was able to get 170 frames where I was getting 40. But the next day i'm back to the same problems after turning on my PC. Is this something i'll have to do every day.
Oh man I read your message above and got excited then it went down hill when you say it happens again every time you shutdown or power up the system. You know what my advice is or my fix to this then. Just put your computer to sleep from Windows 10. This way your using only couple watts and the computer is off, then you fling your mouse or touch your keyboard it wakes up. You can set how long computer is idle until it falls asleep. This is your fix. I think now a days the gurus here at Tom's and admins have their PC's on 24/7 for sh*T like this not to happen you know what I mean. TLDR 🙈

Because your computer takes a toll when it shuts down as all capacitors working hard are suddenly going to be shut down at triple digits Fahrenheit. Then in the morning everything is cold and boom they all have to react to a push of a button and fans start spinning again pumps start going again. Doing this every night gives a toll on your components. It is better to be a pro and leave it on 24/7 and use AMD or Intel power sleep function in the BIOS so when you put it to sleep it will not be taking much energy at all, it is as if its off except it remembers all your apps open and stuff you were doing and what not. Think about this as you must fix this once again with DDU then this time don't power down and enjoy your rig my friend. I know were in covid times and money is tough however when hyou have SppedStep enabled for Intel and AMD's power savings then what happens is the clocks of the CPU cores are underclocked and so is the voltage so that takes less power so that along with putting it to balanced plan in power settings and your good to go. Don't make a prroblem out of a problem ya know. ☮😷🤷🏽‍♂️💯👨🏽‍🦲