danni231

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Slow browser speed on all browsers, but the downloading and uploading speed are normal according to speedtest.net. Ping is a bit high.
Other computers in the house are fine.
Already contacted ISP (Time Warner), modem is not the problem
Contacted Linksys router support, router is fine.
Run anti virus plus malware byte. Everything is clean

system spec
i5-3570k
8g ram
256gb ssd
gtx 580 gpu
all with the latest drivers.

I have cleared cache/cookies and history already.

Tried search online for solutions but havent found one. Any help greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

silhouttejames

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Thats ok, it is because there is trojan horse in your computer

Disable the System Restore feature on your computer. If this is still turned on, the system will restore any deleted files, including those infected by the Trojan horse. This can be done by going into the My Computer file and looking for the Performance option. Then select File System, Troubleshooting and Disable System Restore.

Turn on the computer and run it in safe mode. Restart the computer and when the words begin appearing on the screen, press the F8 key. This takes you to a new screen, where you'll select the safe mode option. Let the computer start as it regularly would before you continue.

Go into the Control Panel by clicking on the "Start" button at the bottom left-hand side of the screen and looking for the Control Panel. Select the Add or Remove Programs icon. The computer should then show a list of all programs existing on your system.

Look for programs that include Spyware or adware on your computer and select the Remove program option. Many users have found it helpful to look for programs that they didn't install and those that were installed when they downloaded a game or other program onto their computer.

Open the Windows System folder and delete all files that include the Trojan virus extension. Go through the list twice to make sure you removed all virus files. Then restart the computer in normal mode and check the folder again. If all the files are gone, you'll be ready to move on. If there is any remaining, remove them and restart the computer.

danni231

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I finally figured out. It was caused by iNetwork Control that comes with the AI suite software for asus z77 sabertooth mobo. Disabled the program and internet is fast again... took me 2 month to locate this problem.... Asus really need to fix their software.....

jonniah

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Thanks! Works!
Make sure you close your browser before all this.
Then go to Control Panel - Programs and features - AI Suite II - select only iNetwork Control - uninstall.

Matt Wyson

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I have the same problem and can't figure it out. Future Mark says my computer is faster than 69% of all other computers tested. NSA screening my activity was one of my guesses, since I am an Obama hater, but I don't know how to prove it. It shouldn't be my internet since I've tested it at 45Mbps. Another guess is all the advertisers bombarding me with ads. I'd like to know the answer here.

Whosyourspanky

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
***PAY ATTENTION***

So i believe i found a solution for Chrome Users. Go to chrome://flags/ in a tab in chrome and disable Experimental QUIC protocol.

THIS WORKED FOR ME.

If anyone says this is a bad idea, please reply asap. Thank you.

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010

Your advice was a LIFESAVER, thank you!