[SOLVED] Extremely Slow Internet Compared to other devices

Dec 15, 2019
I recently purchased a new pc. I realized the internet speed is insanely slow. Google says it’s about 30mbs download, but whenever I actually download something, it usually comes out at about 1020kbs. Comparing this to my iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, I soon realized I had a problem on my hands because they were all getting AT LEAST 100mbs download.

I use a intel e5 2620 0 with intel x79 mobo

Solution
Via the Controller Properties window, select the Advanced tab.

Scroll down to Speed & Duplex

If the duplex setting is set to 100mb then change the value to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex.

Property being Speed & Duplex: Click the small downward pointing arrow in the Value box to see the full range of options.

Select 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex

Ralston18

Titan
First try another known working (at speed) ethernet cable between pc and router.

Second, check your pc's network adapter configuration - the existing/current configuration may not be as it should be. For example, look at the speed and duplex settings. If you have Windows 10, the built-in network troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Third, download the applicable network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall, reconfigure, and test accordingly.

Dec 15, 2019
First try another known working (at speed) ethernet cable between pc and router.

Second, check your pc's network adapter configuration - the existing/current configuration may not be as it should be. For example, look at the speed and duplex settings. If you have Windows 10, the built-in network troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Third, download the applicable network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall, reconfigure, and test accordingly.
Ethernet and wireless adapter are the same. They both cap out at about 1000kb. I’ve reinstalled wireless adapter drivers, and my duplex settings is set to 100mb full.

Ralston18

Titan
Via the Controller Properties window, select the Advanced tab.

Scroll down to Speed & Duplex

If the duplex setting is set to 100mb then change the value to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex.

Property being Speed & Duplex: Click the small downward pointing arrow in the Value box to see the full range of options.

Select 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex

Solution