Extremely slow internet

an007

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hello friends..
I have an hp pavillion series laptop with pre installed windows 8.1..itvhas all the good specs but the one thing that is bugging me since i bought this is the extremely slow internet connection...if i m surfing alone then there is no problem but whenever even a single device connects with my home wifi ..no matter its a laptop or mobile..it takes all the internet spped from my laptop..my sister can easily watch youtube through her phone and i cant even load a single webpage on it ...speed literally reduces to kb/s ..and even i connect my laptop through the router directly with a lan cable..the problem still persist ..
Please help as i am seriously at my wits end and i cant do anything on my laptop

amtseung

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
On most modern routers and modems, within the set up page, there should be a way to monitor and shape traffic, like setting a primary connection at a certain maximum bandwidth, and each additional device can only consume XX% of remaining bandwidth as a "guest" connection. You've probably got a strange config where your laptop takes lowest priority, especially if your sister is able to hog all the bandwidth from you. If you've got a really slow connection service, there's going to have to be a compromise regardless, since video streaming can be rather bandwidth-heavy. Maybe you and your sister can work out a compromise on how much bandwidth each of you will use, and set it into the modem or router directly.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS