[SOLVED] Extremely strange windows booting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tduc

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I am having this very strange issue that has never happened before with my install of windows 10. Sometimes the windows logo comes up, with no spinning dots, sometimes it doesn’t come up at all, and once, the dots came up, but then I got a bluescreen that was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Sometimes it gets stuck on preparing automatic repair, and with lowering the voltage of the ram to what was on the sticker, (because I was messing around with it before) the logo flashed up for a split second, then restarted and got stuck on preparing automatic repair.
Any thoughts? I’m thinking corrupted windows install.

SPECS:
CPU: Core 2 quad q6600, oc’d to 2.880ghz stable
Graphics Card: Gtx 660 gigabyte wind force
RAM: 6gb ddr2 800mhz dual channel
Mobo: G33M ms-7357
Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 128gb

Last edited:
Solution
Fixed the issue. Just changed the ram timings from the automatic setting to the default that comes up when you disable the automatic setting.

Tduc

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
UPDATE: Swapped the ram sticks around and now it’s bluescreening in recovery with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and bluescreening on boot with multiple errors, to do with page files and configs.

Tduc

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Fixed the issue. Just changed the ram timings from the automatic setting to the default that comes up when you disable the automatic setting.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.