EXTRERNAL HD ISSUES please help thanks

otoolk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Hello i recently sold my computer and took my hard drive from it so i could save my things anyways i have the next star 3 external hard drive case to plug in my hard drive via high speed 2.0 USB anyways everything works fine when it loads but i cannot access my user account files on the HD its telling me access is denied how do i change this so i can collect some of my files and use them via usb>??? thanks for the time to answer i hope this is able to be fixed

otoolk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Ok guys i did a quick reply and figure out what to do its kinda a tedious but guys its does the trick

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Start Windows in Safe mode. To do so, follow these steps:
a. Restart the computer, and then press F8 while the computer starts.
b. On the Windows Advanced Options Menu, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode with Networking, and then press ENTER.
c. Use the ARROW keys to select what operating system to start, and then press ENTER to start Windows XP in Safe mode.
Log on as a user with administrative credentials.
Locate a folder that you want to open, right-click it, and then click Properties.
In the Properties dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Add.
Under Enter the object names to select, type your user name, and then click OK.

This step adds your SID number to the permission settings for this folder.
Under Permissions for the user name that you added in step 5, click to select the Allow Full Control check box.
Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each folder that you want to open.
When you have added your user name to all the folders that you want to open, restart your computer as usual.

alright and to continue through the process also give access to administrator its gets some tinkering and fooling around with but feel free to email me for more instructions man it was hecktick but i got it to work thanks for the views and good night peace out bros

TRENDING THREADS