Eyefinity 64 megapixel display

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
How can Nvidia possibly top AMD at this point? ATi has their new cards... and I was just browsing Youtube, and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Vf8R_gOec&feature=related

It's hard to believe, but it's eyefinity. Does Nvidia have anything close to this? It seems like ATi just made a huge leap forward. Even if they didn't have DX11, I think this is impressive enough.

I'm interested to see Nvidia's new cards. I think Nvidia needs to step into the future if they want to survive. What do you guys think?

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Play Crysis with that setup and set the game settings to high (not the enthusiast)
and watch how the LAG blows them all away in disappointment :)
Just kidding.

Eyefinity is a great innovation of ATI. It would be a great help for those
people whose into web and graphic design like me and into multi-media, they can now watch movies or news on the 1st monitor, running an image editing application on the 2nd monitor, running a second image editing application on the 3rd, running a Flash application on the 4th, running an html / web development application on the 5th and putting all their instant messaging windows and other opened internet browser windows on the 6th,.. something like that.
For me, im pretty contented with three 19 inch fast response, high contrast
wide monitors.

Seems to be a few bugs to be worked out (or betetr instructions given) as the THG reviewer couldn't accomplsih anything besides one bidesktop across all 3 screens.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5870,2422-8.html

Configuring three displays to run in single large surface mode is intuitive under Windows 7 (it’ll also work under Windows Vista and Linux). I set my desktop to 5760x1200 and tiled the background to keep things familiar. This is the way you’d want to game, but it’s not the way you would want to use a computer. In SLS mode, you literally have the equivalent of one huge desktop.

Maximize Outlook and you span the app across the whole surface. ATI says you can set hotkeys to toggle between SLS and independent display modes, but this must not be as intuitive, because I couldn’t make it happen. Criticism number one: there needs to be a smoother way to swap between an independent display “productivity” mode and gaming across the single large surface.

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
That is a good point, but it's impressive nonetheless right? I'm just wondering if nvidia can think of anything like this.

Besides, if you have a resolution, why maximize all of the windows?? You can fit 2 or 3 normal ones on a single 24" 1920x1200 monitor.