Eyefinity flickering in full screen Internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuttieri

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
I just got my eyefinity up an runnning, All is weel except when I try to surf the web and I open the browser to full screen. It blinks and flickers real bad when there is flash objects. Also when I move the mouse around the page it is like flickering everytime I go across an object. if I take it out of full screen but even leave the window opened big enough to almost utilize all three monitors it does not do it. also some plain jane websites won't have the problem. web sights like , Toms hardware and aol.com do it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I turned off all add ons in windows. It does not matter if I use the 64 or 32 bit version of internet explorer. Sorry I forgot to tell everyone one. This is a 5870 eyefinity six edtion saphire card. I have win 7 64 bit. I have a q6600 with 4 gigs of ram .I did a search and found other people with the exact same issue but no fix. I also enabled ati overdrive at the advice of one thread I read about eyefinity flicker issues. I did not want to do that , Doesn't that void the waranty now? I am not over clocking any thing. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Solution
Ya, that is the correct setting, at least it is for 2 monitors. I assume it should be ok for 3.

Is this only an internet explorer issue? If so, try Mozilla Firefox.

abuttieri

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011

I have three asus vh242h 24" monitors. 2 are hooked up minidisplay port to dvi using two of the adapters that came with my card. the third monitor is hooked up minidisplay port to display port adapter which came withmy card and then display port to dvi which is a active display port adapter. I bought it from newegg it is a saphire like, the card and says eyefinity support on the box. my resolution is 5760 x 1080.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999030&Tpk=14-999-030

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
That's a good adapter.
3 24" @ 1080 may require lowering some of your display settings in CCC .
Could also be a power issue. What are your PSU specs?
Assuming you have the Sapphire 5870, it requires min. 600w PSU with 1-75W 6-pin and 1-150W 8-pin connector.
Also, make sure everything is seated firmly. A re-seat never hurts.

abuttieri

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
I do have the sapphire hd5870 eyefinity 6 editionI have an enermax liberty elt500awt 500 watt. when I bought it it wa boasting about it was sli or crossfire capable. I am only runing one card. What was wierd to me is that I have no issues while gaming an that would seem much more straining on my system than simply opening a web page to full resolution. I will give the reseat a try. thanks for pointing out I need a new power supply :wahoo: I am just about to hit purchase on my wishlist at newegg. :pt1cable:

Don't reseat. If it's working correctly in gaming, the problem is going to be the 2d idle clocks. It's idling too low. Multi-monitor setups require much higher memory settings even at the desktop.

abuttieri

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
It is normal when I use Mozilla Firefox. Must be a Internet Explorer problem, Thanks for that suggestion, At least I know now not to pick at my machine any longer, Maybe Microsoft will release a fix.

I also had an Internet Explorer issue with my 6950. When ever I played a flash video, it caused my clocks to change to a slightly different 2d clock setting, and would not leave the 2d clocks when I played a game. I also learned if I closed the page with the flash video, it fixed the problem. I now use Mozilla firefox as well.

aweyrich

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Did you ever resolve this? I have the exact same problem you did - did you have to get a new card or did you find a way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.