Eyefinity question (will it work)?

Gropea

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
7Xh5aBt.png

I'm soon getting three of those monitors (http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-W2241S-BF-lcd-monitor) because I will get them for very cheap price. Now having multiple monitors, would this kind of setup work with eyefinity? I have dual ASUS 7870's. Thanks for answers already! :wahoo:

I'm getting this adaptor: Deltaco DisplayPort - Single Link DVI-D

Solution
It should work but my suggestion is:

1) Connect left monitor to top GPU DVI-D port
2) Center monitor- Use DVI to hdmi instead of displayport for better chance of compatibility
3) Right most monitor - connect to bottom GPU DVI-D port instead.

Gropea

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Cards are in CrossFire. And I think that monitors must be connected to same GPU, or it will not work with eyefinity. Also, would DP -> HDMI adapter work with middle monitor? (while still using DVI for side monitors). I could use it for things that don't support eyefinity.

AMD site says this:
The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort. The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an inexpensive active DisplayPort adapter for it.​

insaneclowngod

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009

It does not matter which monitor you have the DP connected to, all three of your monitors are the same. Yes I believe you need to use all the connectors on the same card.

****EDIT****
I didnt read the response from tambeshakunt before. If connecting 3 monitors with EYEFINITY, the 3rd monitor HAS to use a DP or a Active DP adapter.

Solution