Eyefinity through gaming laptop?? : MSI Ghost Pro 16gm gtx870m

Alexust

Reputable
May 26, 2014
Hi Guys

I have two monitors eitherside of my MSI Ghost Pro laptop. It is described as having the potential to do 'Matrix Multiple Display' and on their site it illustrates that this would be possible and i read this as eyefinity.

However i've used flawless widescreen and widescreen fix and have tried to change the resolutions in the display config files but had no luck. primarily trying with Titanfall and Dark souls 2.

I guess what i am asking is, how can i get eyefinity to work from this laptop?

The spec is as follows;

16GB Ram
2*128 raided SSDs
GTX 870m Invidia (3gb)
intel i7 4th generation Haswell

I am a noob and i don't want anyone to tell me i shouldn't have bought a gaming laptop because i've heard it before and i love this thing.

Would love some help because i am driving myeslf mad trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Alex

Alexust

Reputable
May 26, 2014

I am using two identical monitors (acer) and the laptop screen in the middle.I intend to buy a third one but was going to wait till next payday. I'm a bit sceptical because i thought i should be able to get it working with this setup as i have seen it done e;sewehere and thought if the resolution were the same then maybe. :S

I've looked on Invida's control panel but nothing jumps out at me :S

MSI describe the Matrix display functionality in the link below;

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS60_2PE_Ghost_Pro.html#overview

Thanks

Alex

Alexust

Reputable
May 26, 2014

sorry - I don't have ccc - it's not a Radeon GPU - it's an Nvidia GTX 870m sorry. I'm beginning to think tht this GPU doesn't support eyefinity/2d surround gaming. On the MSI site it seems very misleading and mentions a matrix display and has a picture of three monitors next to eachother when i think it's just talking about the ability for multple monitors. .On the geforce site it does not look like 870m can do surround gaming.

Is this the end of my dream - i really wa under the impression this laptop would handle it?

Anyone? Please? :)

nvidiagaming

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014

hi,

i think i can help you out. i have the same notebook, but sadly its not nvidia surround compatible, but we can bypass this with a little peace of hardware i found in the internet. i have hooked up my notebook with 2x 1600x1200 monitors and i am able to play Bioshock, Portal 2 etc with the resolution of 3200x1200 at ultra high settings without lag.

My Setup
Resolution

You need this: Zotac DisplayPort to Dual HDCP HDMI Adapter

TRENDING THREADS