Eyes On with Fractal Designs Core X3 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think a lot of viewers didn't read the part about these having no fan controller and being $10 cheaper. There is no innovation award for cost-cutting.

Sep 30, 2013
What a joke Fractal Designs is.

The Core 1300 is about three times too big to be called extremely compact. Half volume and it may be something you could say but it's huge as (or bigger than) many regular ATX cases.

Sep 30, 2013
Core 1100 not much smaller. Sure these have support for ODD drives and there's benefits for that and credits for that if you need/want them but at ~50-60 liter you could get room for more and it's not compact even less so extremely compact.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I purchased one of the X5 cases from a local retailer, got it home and assembled it. The side panel was tweaked like a cookie sheet that got too hot, and would not fit correctly. I took it back and assuming it was a one-ff defect, exchanged it for another. Took that one out of the box outside the store, same problem. Took that back and looked at 3 other units in the store, all had the same defect. Cost cutting is all well and good until your case is so cheap it doesn't fit together right. That's a problem.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
How about the title "Fractal Design Removes Fan Controller From Cheap Case, Renames It, Charges What It Should Have Cost In The First Place"?

Too long, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.