EZ Debug CPU & DRAM

Aug 2, 2018
I just built a new pc and installed everything completely fine. I try connecting it to a monitor using a VGA connecter and the screen goes black so i check whether the Mobo has anything wrong and the DEBUG led shows that there was a problem with both CPU and DRAM. I reinstalled the cooler and took out the ram stick. It seemed that reinstalling the cooler fixed the CPU led but it was uninstalling the ram stick that actually fixed it. I try putting the ram stick in again and the cpu led comes back on. I have tried putting the stick into all 4 slots and they have all had the same problem. Could this be a faulty RAM stick or is there something wrong with RAM?

Motherboard: MSI z370 gaming plus
CPU: Intel i5 8600 2.8 hz
RAM: 1x 8GB AVEXIR DDR4
Cooler: Coolermaster 212 EVO

Solution
So you only have one stick or RAM?

I would probably find another stick to put in there. The RAM you have may be bad.

I wouldn't go changing out the MB until you at least did this. You might go through a lot of trouble for nothing.
Aug 2, 2018
Oh, shoot my bad. Yes not replace mother but the RAM and thanks. It’s odd though as the stick i bought was brand new probably dead on arrival. Ill order a new set this weekend. Thanks.