Question EZ Debug CPU LED

Dec 13, 2019
Building first PC. When everything is plugged in, the CPU LED is it up and no beeps occur. Only the CPU LED is lit up. When I remove 1 RAM stick (either one), the DRAM LED is lit up and there are 3 beeps but the CPU LED is no longer lit up. Only the DRAM LED is lit up at that point. I'm computer illiterate but that seems so odd?

Parts: MSI b450 gaming plus motherboard, 2x4 ddr4 dual-channel patriot viper RAM, ryzen 5 2400g CPU, thermaltake 500w smart PSU. Everything's compatible. Everything appears fully plugged in. I don't currently have a GPU but have integrated APU. The CPU and case fans are all spinning, the cases blue led lights are working.

I did have a really nice guy on discord tell me my next step should be to reseat the CPU. I will do that later. Is that my next step? Any other additional things I can try? What are the most likely problems?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019
I reseated the CPU and now the EZ Debug DRAM LED with the 3 prolonged beeps occurs no matter what RAM configuration I use (either stick in either of the 2 slots my motherboard has). The CPU LED no longer lights up when both RAM sticks are in.

Edit: I also cleared CMOS using the battery method.

Anyone have a thought?

Dec 13, 2019
Did you check for bent or broken pins on the CPU Like alexoiu asked? Are there any extra standoffs under the board that don't match up with the holes? if you do they will short the board.
No bent or broken pins. Checked twice. No extra standoffs. I'm using 4 of the 6 preinstalled standoffs and the other 2 don't contact my micro atx motherboard.

Thanks though.

I think I've given up. Might just return everything.