Question EZ Debug CPU Light blinking white?

Jun 5, 2020
I am building my first PC and I am able to boot up the computer. I use a flash drive to install Windows and as it is setting up, it restarts. After the PC turns on again, nothing is able to actually start besides the fan and the motherboard debug light for the CPU. The debug light blinks white and the CPU fan turns, both at the same time and every 3 seconds. I am confused as to how this happened, since it was able to boot up in the first place. One attempt I was able to start briefly with the RAM sticks lighting up like the first time and the monitor starting, but I wasn't able to see what it said since it shut down right after. I have tried everything from reseating each cable and the CPU and clearing CMOS. I am really hoping I didn't short circuit anything or break anything, since I spent a lot on this build. Was I supposed to update the BIOS and that's why it can't read the CPU?

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P350X
Mobo: MSI Z390-A PRO
CPU: Intel i5-9600K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 × 8 GB)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO (500 GB)
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Power Supply: Corsair CX550M

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No, that cpu is plug and play on the Z390 mobo's.

Since it's the cpu light, there's an issue with it somewhere. And it could be anything from the cpu not installed correctly, the cooler not plugged into the right header, the EPS not fully seated, the mains not fully seated, ram not clicked in, etc. Supposed to be an EzDebug, but there's so much related to the cpu it's rediculous.

Jun 5, 2020
No, that cpu is plug and play on the Z390 mobo's.

Since it's the cpu light, there's an issue with it somewhere. And it could be anything from the cpu not installed correctly, the cooler not plugged into the right header, the EPS not fully seated, the mains not fully seated, ram not clicked in, etc. Supposed to be an EzDebug, but there's so much related to the cpu it's rediculous.

I don't think it's any of those. I've reseated almost everything and since it turned on in the first place I don't think it's a PSU issue. It might just be a problem with the CPU or motherboard pins and if so I will have to return them and get a new one. This is really frustrating and I don't want to spend more money...