[SOLVED] Ez debug cpu red light + kernel event 41 error

Jul 5, 2021
Hi everyone, on june 15 I started getting random restarts on my pc and when I checked event log it said critical kernel event 41.

I ignored this and was resuming my work but after around 1 week struggling changing power settings(power saving mode) I found out my cpu temp in bios was rising from 45 to upto 83 and probably more (I shutted down after 83) so I opened my cases put my cooler raditor outside so after this my temps were good now around 34 in bios and after booting 45 and gaming it was normal around 60.

Suddenly one day probably 26 june my computer restarted opened bios setting even without me pressing any key I did alt+ctrl + delete to restart my computer I saw windows 10 recovery settings to which I clicked just restart my pc. After this my pc never booted.

Now when I boot red light on cpu ez debug blinks once then power is off my system doesnt boot. When I removed 8 pin power cable of cpu my other components were working with ez debug blinking on cpu.

I tried testing with only cpu 1 slot ram but all the things dont work until I unplug my cpu.

My question is , is my cpu dead should I replace it or maybe I can try reseat reapply thermal paste and try to fix it. Some one in gigabyte store is telling me to replace cpu I dont trust this person tbh because he said this issue is when power cutt damages pc component but I use ups which has voltage regulator.

I have cleaned, checked psu it is fine any suggestions would be great.

Specs :
I5 8600k
2x8gb ddr4 2400 mhz ram
Gtx 1080
Antec 650watt power supply
Win 10

Solution
The base problem is likely that 120 GB boot drive.

First, for the most part, 240 GB is needed for today's OS requirements.

Second, the 120 GB boot drive is way too full.

(Personally I prefer and like to keep my drives below 70-80% full. If not lower. However, there are other ideas and preferences. I have no problem with that and there may be other comments on the topic.)

Third, the 3 year old Antec PSU is likely nearing its designed in EOL (End of Life). Es[ecially if used for heavy gaming etc.. Any inability to provide power at any time is going to cause problems and all the more so with respect to the drive(s). Probably due to file corruption during drive operations: read/write.

Use Resource Monitor to observe system...
Jul 5, 2021
Computer - make and model?

Make and model motherboard?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

How old is that Antec PSU? Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Original, new, refurbished, used?
Hi my bad forgot to mention this

Computer -> intel i5 8600k never overclocked.

Mother board -> Gigabyte aorus ultra gaming z370
Disk -> adata 120gb ssd (boot disk) had 10 gb free space

2tb wd blue hard disk around 500 gb free space

1 nvme m.2 ssd 500 gb 200 gb free space

Antec psu is 3 years old I have cleaned it only once on 16 june it had a lot of dust sitting on the coil thing inside but now all clean.

Except m.2 and 2tb hardisk(these two are 5 months old purchased new) all items are 3 years old and were purchased new.

Ralston18

Titan
The base problem is likely that 120 GB boot drive.

First, for the most part, 240 GB is needed for today's OS requirements.

Second, the 120 GB boot drive is way too full.

(Personally I prefer and like to keep my drives below 70-80% full. If not lower. However, there are other ideas and preferences. I have no problem with that and there may be other comments on the topic.)

Third, the 3 year old Antec PSU is likely nearing its designed in EOL (End of Life). Es[ecially if used for heavy gaming etc.. Any inability to provide power at any time is going to cause problems and all the more so with respect to the drive(s). Probably due to file corruption during drive operations: read/write.

Use Resource Monitor to observe system performance. What resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource?

Reliability History may be capturing specific errors, warnings, and even information events that will correspond with system resource problems.

Take some time to do some methodical testing to learn more about what your system is doing: the whats, why's, and whens.

My viewpoint: larger boot drive and new, higher wattage PSU.

Reactions: Sasha_411
Solution