Ez Debug Led CPU Not Detected

May 6, 2018
This is my first PC build and I followed a guide on YouTube for building my pc. The build was going smoothly, and when I turned it on, all the fans and lights were on.

However, after trying to connect it to my monitor, I found that in the ez debug, the CPU led was lit up. I tried reseating the CPU and checked for any damaged pins, but I couldn't find any. I think it's the power cable I connected for the CPU that is incorrect, but I'm not sure.

The power cable I connected has 8 pin on one end and the shapes match the CPU PWR on the motherboard, but on the other end, there are two 4 pins, but only one of them match the PSU shapes.

Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xwc2QV

gigantusmagnus

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
since its CPU LED, it can be CPU or RAM, not just CPU

have you try reseating the RAM? boot with 1 RAM, etc?

also,
"The power cable I connected has 8 pin on one end and the shapes match the CPU PWR on the motherboard, but on the other end, there are two 4 pins, but only one of them match the PSU shapes." care to explain more or images?

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
The power cable for the CPU is fine. It's typical that there's 8 pins from the PSU, but only 4 connect on gaming level/consumer level boards.

As for the CPU light, Gigantusmagnus is right about trying with just one stick of ram. Try each stick by itself and if that doesn't work try removing all non-essentials (video card, sound card, HDD cables, etc).

Another thing to check is that you've installed the correct amount of motherboard stand-offs. Too many is very bad as it will create an extra grounding point on the back side of the motherboard which could potentially damage the board. There should only be stand-offs where there are screw holes with solder points around them.

One more thing to check would be that when you placed the motherboard into the case that none of the tabs from the I/O shield went into any USB/HDMI ports. This could cause a short which shouldn't prevent boot up, but will prevent USB/HDMI from working.

If all else fails, try and fire up the motherboard/CPU/Ram outside of the case (place it on the anti-static bag for the motherboard, on top of the motherboard box). If it works there, it's an issue with how it was mounted in the case.

Hope this helps :)

May 6, 2018
I alternated between the rams in each slot, but the EZ DEBUG LED is still on.

The standoff’s in the case were preinstalled so i just screwed the motherboard where there were marking around the holes.

I guess my next step would be to try everything out of the case, but i already zip tied and organized everything because I didn’t know that this would happen, so i’m kinda hesitant on that and i want to see if there are any other things i can try :(