Question Ez debug light cpu

Aug 7, 2021
I7-10700k
Msi z490 gaming plus
Gskill 3600mhz 16gb 8x2
700 watts bronze full modular psu
Rtx 2060
Bought this pc 6 months ago everything used to run smoothly the day before the problem i was literally using pc without any problem like normally gaming and everything no problem i just went for the sleep next day i turned on my pc no display every component was working like lights fans but the light was on cpu ez debug light then i restarted some times and luckily it boot up then i used the Intel diagnose tool cpu that passed but when i start playing game the pc just shutdowns like unexpectedly all lights off nothing then automatic restarts then no display ez debug cpu light
This is soo depressing i have to play tournaments and this pc is messed up i tried resitting the cpu new thermal paste same i tried 1 ram idk bro what the hell is wrong everything seems fine

Last edited by a moderator:

johnblazin

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
i had the exact same issue, and sadly it was the cpu, unfortunatly i misdiagnosed it as the motherboard and ended up finding out the hardway. does it black out like right when you get into the game menu or can you get some gameplay in?

Aug 7, 2021
i had the exact same issue, and sadly it was the cpu, unfortunatly i misdiagnosed it as the motherboard and ended up finding out the hardway. does it black out like right when you get into the game menu or can you get some gameplay in?
Sometimes at the game menu sometimes i can play for like 30 minutes

Aug 7, 2021
That would tell me power supply or overheating.

You bought a prebuilt PC they use the cheapest parts they can! Can you post a link to the PC?

I have seen a bunch of post here lately where they try to cool a high end processor with a cheap 120mm cooler it just don't work.
Na i use tower air cooler ma410p and while gaming cpu hits max 65c temp temperatures were always good and no it wasn’t prebuilt i bought all parts and they are actually good

johnblazin

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
That would tell me power supply or overheating.

You bought a prebuilt PC they use the cheapest parts they can! Can you post a link to the PC?

I have seen a bunch of post here lately where they try to cool a high end processor with a cheap 120mm cooler it just don't work.
i actualy replaced RMA'd my psu when it happend to me so i never found out if the powersupply died and took my cpu with it but if i remember correct when i got my RMA powersupply i found out the cpu was dead aswell : (

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
i actualy replaced RMA'd my psu when it happend to me so i never found out if the powersupply died and took my cpu with it but if i remember correct when i got my RMA powersupply i found out the cpu was dead aswell : (
When you start with this
Bought this pc 6 months ago (that to most people here says prebuilt)

The cooler in not really good enough for the processor since it can draw over 200 watts. Have you actually checked the temps of the CPU under load?

What exact case and power supply did you use?

It gets very hard to help people unless you get all the needed information.

johnblazin

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
When you start with this
Bought this pc 6 months ago (that to most people here says prebuilt)

The cooler in not really good enough for the processor since it can draw over 200 watts. Have you actually checked the temps of the CPU under load?

What exact case and power supply did you use?

It gets very hard to help people unless you get all the needed information.
this is not my thread

johnblazin

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
best case is buy a powersupply and cross your fingers tight but like you said you dont want to replace it if it aint broke so im telling you its the cpu for your benefit i hope you get it figured out

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
its going to be the cpu i hate to say it bro
CPU is very rare and it works sometimes that points to other things.

Their still not enough information to make a good guess even CPU temps under load is missing since it's a cooler that is not really adequate for the CPU plus the missing case information and make and model of the power supply.
700 bronze means absolutely nothing.

Aug 7, 2021

Their still not enough information to make a good guess even CPU temps under load is missing since it's a cooler that is not really adequate for the CPU plus the missing case information and make and model of the power supply.
under load max75

Aug 7, 2021
Under a load using what? to put the load on it. How did you check the temp what program and was it during the stress test?

Make and model of power supply?
PC case being used?

I been doing this crap a long long time and their absolutely no way to help people with missing information!
Capture.PNG

Aug 7, 2021
Under a load using what? to put the load on it. How did you check the temp what program and was it during the stress test?

PC case being used?

I been doing this crap a long long time and their absolutely no way to help people with missing information!
without load
Capture2.PNG

Aug 7, 2021

unknown.png

Aug 7, 2021

PC case being used?

Thermaltake v250 argb