Question EZ Debug lights up at CPU

Sep 6, 2019
Hello.
I received a new CPU and a Mainboard, but doesn't work when I got everything attached.

Issue: Upon starting, the EZ Debug light goes up on the CPU. No booting screen present, though the fans are running.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus, flashed to the latest Bios version (1.94)
Power Supply: Cooler Master B500 v2
Graphics card: GTX 970
RAM: Ballistix Sport DDR4-3000 2x 8GB

It would be great if someone could help.
Thank you.

Infikiran

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
Are the 24pin motherboard and 4/8pin CPU connector cables from the power supply securely connected?

Do you have another power supply you can test on it? Sometimes a faulty power supply can cause this.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
personally Id look at the CPU close, make sure no pins are bent or broken off, then Id reseat the CPU, make sure enough paste and make sure cooler is mounted properly. other than that might just be a bad CPU
or board maybe

Sep 6, 2019
did you check to see if any pins were perhaps bent? . Im kinda shooting in the dark though, but it is a possibility that pins maybe bent?

It was taken from the unopened box moments before and it didn't had any issues or faulty pieces.

Are the 24pin motherboard and 4/8pin CPU connector cables from the power supply securely connected?

Do you have another power supply you can test on it? Sometimes a faulty power supply can cause this.

It's the only supply I got. And it worked on my old hardware.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
It was taken from the unopened box moments before and it didn't had any issues or faulty pieces.

well clearly there is an issue.. if the Bios is saying something wrong with the CPU (or warning light) , and ive seen people bend pins and not even know just my mounting the cpu. im at a loss myself, if the cpu has no bent pins, the PSU is working properly, and motherboard etc.. then clearly id say a faulty chip, but i couldn't say that 100% for sure.. but thats what id be thinking, or bad board.