Question EZ DeBug on VGA - X470

Jul 7, 2019
I’m getting really wound up. I’ve been fiddling with my new computer for about 3 weeks now trying to get it working right.

The first three motherboards I had and sent back were all playing up from updating the bios. They were B450 Gaming Plus’ and every time I updated it to the new bios version the led would stay on VGA and occasionally boot and then pretty much never. What I’m doing now with trying to get it to boot I did with these motherboards.

I’ve recently got an X470, I’ve tried clearing the cmos, reseating gpu, ram, used different HDMI leads and DisplayPorts, switched the bios on the card, even reset the vbios and man I am getting frustrated.

Last night it was fine, I was on Windows and left it on pretty much all night watching videos and downloaded a game etc. I turned it off and now when trying to boot the CPU led comes on, turns off then stays on VGA. I tried a different gpu and still not posting into my monitor or TV.

What’s the problem? I thought my GPU was bust but it’s clearly not as it was working last night, especially in games. My ram is definitely compatible, my CPU is clearly fine otherwise I’m sure it wouldn’t have booted up. I’m tired, I was buzzing to build it and there’s this continuous fault or problem and honestly fed up 🤣

Thanks for helping.

I’m using:
X470 Gaming Pro
Ryzen 5 2600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz
RX 580 Red Devil 8GB
Corsair TX650M

ASK THE COMMUNITY