[SOLVED] Ez debug red LED light dram issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Kindly help me with my system issue.
I've got an issue with Ez debug red led light indicates Dram on motherboard. Therefore no display. Tried and check all components but no success. Please help me to solve the issue.

Cpu: Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: msi b450m mortar max
Ram: 8gbx2 gskill Trident dual channel sticks.
Gpu: RX 590 nitro plus gold
Psu: gigabyte g750h gold

Solution
  1. Are the ram sticks inserted in the required slots as described in the motherboard manual?
  2. Are the ram sticks firmly inserted all the way? It sometimes takes more force than you might think.
  3. Is there possibly a motherboard bios update that you need for ram compatibility?
  4. What is the make/model of your trident ram kit? ryzen is picky about ram. The kit should show up on the motherboard ram qvl list or on the g.skil selection site for your motherboard.
  5. Try using just one ram stick in the required single stick slot. Then try the other.
  1. Are the ram sticks inserted in the required slots as described in the motherboard manual?
  2. Are the ram sticks firmly inserted all the way? It sometimes takes more force than you might think.
  3. Is there possibly a motherboard bios update that you need for ram compatibility?
  4. What is the make/model of your trident ram kit? ryzen is picky about ram. The kit should show up on the motherboard ram qvl list or on the g.skil selection site for your motherboard.
  5. Try using just one ram stick in the required single stick slot. Then try the other.

Solution
Sep 21, 2019
I had tried single stick its working. Tried both and both are working on 1st channel not working on 2nd channel....these shows 2nd channel of the motherboard is defected.

It is unusual to find a ram channel as a defect.
One way it can happen is if one of the motherboard cpu socket pins is bent.
How about points 3. and 4.?
If the ram sticks are not from the same matched kit, you can have this sort of problem.
Contact g.skil support.

Sep 21, 2019
It is unusual to find a ram channel as a defect.
One way it can happen is if one of the motherboard cpu socket pins is bent.
How about points 3. and 4.?
If the ram sticks are not from the same matched kit, you can have this sort of problem.
Contact g.skil support.
Tried connecting point 1 and 3 but not working. Then tried single stick simultaneously on point 1 both are working. Now connected both stick on point 1 and 2. Even tried single stick on point 3 but not working. Point 3 is might be defective. Checked cpu pins all are OK no bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.