[SOLVED] EZDebug CPU light & random restarts ?

May 10, 2021
Greetings guys,

I built a computer about a year and half ago. The computer started giving me issues just about 3-4 months ago. The computer works fine, turns on and everything, even undergoes stress tests, runs for many hours. But at random times, the CPU EZDebug light comes on (the computer keeps running but the display turns off). After some time, the display automatically turns on at the sign-in screen. I believe it restarts the pc once it is done doing whatever it is doing while the display is off and the cpu led on the mobo is turned on.

• I have tried changing the CMOS battery.
  • Overheating is not a problem because the issue happened once while the temperatures were completely normal.

Build is relatively simple, no GPU. Using an APU
ryzen 3200g
motherboard MSI b450m gaming plus MS-7B87

If there's anything I am missing out please let me know. Also, it is relatively difficult to know when the issue might happen, therefore making it harder to debug or to confirm whether doing something fixed the issue

Solution
Hey guys,

I tried all of the above and no luck. However, I swapped out the AC supply cord that goes to the PSU by accident with another one as I was trying to setup the pc in a different room. And the restart issue resolved itself. So, my guess is, the power cord was probably faulty and did not deliver the correct voltage at times due to which the system would freak out.

Thank you all for the help though. I appreciate it!

take care, stay safe
Keep an eye on it. If you have any other similar issues in the future I would immediately suspect the PSU because if the above is true, the previous PSU cord may not have been the one that came with the PSU resulting is some damage to the PSU. More likely is that everything will be fine...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition. Heavy gaming use?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events. Reliability History presents a timeline format that will allow you to "look back" 3-4 months ago and track any errors or patterns of errors from then to now. What do you see?

= = = =

One immediate thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Could that something (because of heat related expansion and contraction) has just worked a bit loose. Not loose enough to stop things from working but just loose enough to cause intermittent disconnections and failures.

Reactions: helper800
Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Could that something (because of heat related expansion and contraction) has just worked a bit loose. Not loose enough to stop things from working but just loose enough to cause intermittent disconnections and failures.
I say this in almost every post with unknown perplexing issues now, a very undervalued diagnostic step.

Reactions: ahmxch
May 10, 2021
Hey guys,

I tried all of the above and no luck. However, I swapped out the AC supply cord that goes to the PSU by accident with another one as I was trying to setup the pc in a different room. And the restart issue resolved itself. So, my guess is, the power cord was probably faulty and did not deliver the correct voltage at times due to which the system would freak out.

take care, stay safe

Reactions: helper800
Hey guys,

take care, stay safe
Keep an eye on it. If you have any other similar issues in the future I would immediately suspect the PSU because if the above is true, the previous PSU cord may not have been the one that came with the PSU resulting is some damage to the PSU. More likely is that everything will be fine for years to come , cheers.

Solution