F.e.a.r./condemned don't work

steve_14

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
hello, could you please help me with this problem i have with f.e.a.r.? ; it seams that whenever i start the game the screen turns black indefinitely so i ask for task manager and it say fear(not responding); this happens even if i reinstall; it seams that condemned criminal origins has the same problem and it makes sense, same developer same engine; any suggestions ???

dante84

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
could do with some spec:cpu, gpu , ram ? i seem to remember my laptop at release of fear wasnt supported , and had audio but then it became unresponsive.

it is more than likely a compatibility issue , but as i dont know your rig,im kinda shooting in the dark ;]

dante84

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
id say in all honesty youre a little underpowered to run fear,although you may meet minimum requirements, the criteria for those requirements is that you can load the main menu , also with the slowmo and ahead of itss time lighting/post processing in slowmo , your cpu needs to be 1.5ghz minimum imho,or itll stutter and fail.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but i would really consider upgrading your system if possible.

dante84

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
afraid not , as far as overclocking goes , realistically you may get to 1100ghz but more than that and i expect it will either cook or refuse to boot, and as always you risk serious permanent damage to your computer.