Question F1 boot error after enabling DOCP and ram wont run above 2400Mhz

Sep 17, 2019
I've previously made a thread about this with no luck fixing my problem, but now that I know a bit more I hope I can provide enough information so that someone can help me.

My issue is that im trying to get my ram to its rated speed (3000Mhz) but for some reason I can only get it up to 2400Mhz (With the DOCP profile disabled). My 2 ram sticks are in slot 2 and 4 (A2 and B2)

I've tried:
-Playing with timings
-Playing with the voltage
-Manually setting voltage/timings figures via the what the Ryzen DRAM Calculator gave me

PC Specs :

CPU : Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4Ghz
With stock cooler

GPU : eVGA GeForce GTX1070Ti SC Black

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS Gaming

RAM : GeIL 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC C16 3000Mhz

Storage 1 : Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Storage 2 : Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 3.5" 2TB

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 650W Fully Modular 80PLUS Gold

Additional:
-My GPU and CPU are overclocked
-I bought this pc configured by me but prebuilt by PLE Computers in Perth
-The pc is nearly one year old
-My friend has the exact same ram kit but he can get it up to 3000Mhz

Friends Specs:
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.6Ghz

GPU : GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5500XT 8gb

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M-S2H mATX

RAM : GeIL 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC C16 3000Mhz

Storage 1 : Crucial BX500 128gb sata ssd

Storage 2 : 1TB Barracude hard drive

Power Supply: Thermaltake 650w SMART BX1 RGB

Yes I've tried and nothing works above 2400mhz
I would suggest running memtest86 to see if you get any errors at 2400. Usually memory errors don't cause the modules to only work at up to certain speeds. It could be possible that you have a faulty module that only works up to 2400 and the motherboard detects a problem and resets the speed. It may just be the motherboard rejecting the modules due to how the electrical traces are laid and you may have to tweak ohm settings to get the kit working. It might also be that the board is misreporting voltages and you would have to increase or decrease some voltages.

Also, what did you get for information on your modules when you ran Thiaphoon Burner for exporting the module info to use in Dram Calc?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS