f1 help - reprogramme?

Who on earth thought of putting f1 next to f2 and the esc key?
Often accidentally hit the help files take so long to load on some
applications.
It is so rarely used or when it is used it is a very deliberate command
that should be used with more than one hotkey.
Many people have taken to removing the f1 key from their keyboards in
the office.
so...
Is it possible to reprogramme the help command to activate by hotkeys
other than f1, for instance f1+ctrl or something similar?
Is it the operating system or the application that states f1 invokes
the help file?

cheers

grufff

Well only your office has problems. Noone else anywhere else has (Candy 2005 unpublished). Yes you can, it's the application. But it's so stupid I can't put any effort in.

"grufff" <that_old_chestnut@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125582954.486041.139220@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Who on earth thought of putting f1 next to f2 and the esc key?
> Often accidentally hit the help files take so long to load on some
> applications.
> It is so rarely used or when it is used it is a very deliberate command
> that should be used with more than one hotkey.
> Many people have taken to removing the f1 key from their keyboards in
> the office.
> so...
> Is it possible to reprogramme the help command to activate by hotkeys
> other than f1, for instance f1+ctrl or something similar?
> Is it the operating system or the application that states f1 invokes
> the help file?
>

> cheers
>
> grufff

TRENDING THREADS