Question F11 and Del prompts not responding

Apr 4, 2021
Hi, I hope someone can help! Sorry but I'm not at all technical. A well-meaning friend tried to restore my son's MSI A68HM pc to factory settings but followed instructions for Windows pc. It was on 'egg-timer' all night. Since then we get the MSI logo when we start up the computer but when asked to press <F11> or <Del> we get a 'no signal' message. We tried a different monitor but just get 'no sync' message. Any ideas? Thanks.

Apr 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please list the specs to your son's PC, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You should ideally reinstall the OS, seeing how you might be on an older OS version which is why the factory reset might be taking so long.

Is this the motherboard inside the chassis:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A68HM-E33/Specification
?
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I did say I wasn't technical and nor is my son. The computer is about 5 years old and we don't have the paperwork any more. All I can see is A68HM, no E33. I'll try and find out all the other details you asked for. I was thinking we might have to reinstall the OS but I don't know which one it was As I said, the friend thought it was widows, just because we had installed some windows software. Is there any way I can I stall an os using a usb stick?

I have just got a bit more info. but nothing about the OS!It also just says A68HM motherboard. 13processor. Toshiba 1tb drive ..but don't think this is what you asked for.

Last edited: