f21 update to f22d is rejected

EGBC

Prominent
May 30, 2017
I can't revert back before f20. Not really a problem but am I stuck from going any further? After extracting the files from the f22d download I get a message that says "unsupported 16-bit application" from autoexec. Efiflash is the zip file application in with the autooexec file. After both are extracted the Efiflash gives me the notification that this version is not compatible with your system and you need to download a 64-bit version. That was the 64-bit version. Not only that, thhere are two more recent bios versions, F22f and F22j that both give the same error---WHAT AM I MISSING?

Solution
z170x gaming 3 with i5-7600k. I started when this motherboard was first released back in 2015. The bios was at version F3. I have updated at least ten new versions. I used to use the download file straight from Gigabyte's website and always got it to open using the included exe/zip file package until they came out with the app center. Then it became real easy to connect to the server and the Gigabyte server could judge based on your system what bios is needed based on system hardware (It did the calculations automatically) The last five have been on App Center with automatic download/install but this time it didn't work. I tried the file download zip extract/run on hdd but got the previous message as stated originally on this...

EGBC

Prominent
May 30, 2017
z170x gaming 3 with i5-7600k. I started when this motherboard was first released back in 2015. The bios was at version F3. I have updated at least ten new versions. I used to use the download file straight from Gigabyte's website and always got it to open using the included exe/zip file package until they came out with the app center. Then it became real easy to connect to the server and the Gigabyte server could judge based on your system what bios is needed based on system hardware (It did the calculations automatically) The last five have been on App Center with automatic download/install but this time it didn't work. I tried the file download zip extract/run on hdd but got the previous message as stated originally on this post. Dubious. I may try the fix by boot into dos with flash drive but it is so developed by now it should work already (especially considering you can't go back after installing F20).

Solution