F2A55-M/M11BB Motherboard gaming budget build

kentarr2013

Prominent
Jun 28, 2018
Ok here we go right now i have the ASUS F2A55-M/M11BB motherboard. It does say on my board crossfirex ready. Now i currently have the AMD A4-5300 cpu. Will be upgrading to a A10-6700 here in the next week. My Ram is at 16gb Corsair Vengence DDR3, Liquid cooling for CPU as it is overclocked from 3.4GHZ to 4.1GHZ 2 300 Watt PSU(all i had at time) 1 for motherboard and one for the 3 hdd and 1 DVD drive. I currently have a XFX Radeon R7 250e 1gb ddr5 gpu. I plan on eventually adding a DX12 GPU into the system. I run both Windows 7 and 10 on this rig. So far all games ive tried to play work flawlessly on Ultra settings in 1080p. Is there and Ideas on what DX12 Radeon card i should go with? Mind im on a budget.

Wolfshadw

Titan
A couple of things:

1) Not only does the motherboard need to support Crossfire, you need to have Crossfire ready cards. The R7-250e is not.
2) In order to utilize Crossfire, the two cards in use need to be very similar (if not identical models). For instance, you could use two RX-580s in Crossfire, but you couldn't Crossfire an R7-280 with an R9-380.

If you want to run DX12 games, you need a single DX12 capable graphics card.

-Wolf sends

kentarr2013

Prominent
Jun 28, 2018
The Board is capable of crossfire via software using the 2 PCIx16 lanes. I have a Radeon R5-220 but its an outdated architecture and wouldnt link to the R7.
I just built a budget rig for my friend and it used Hybrid SLI to go from the onboard GPU to the Nvidia Geforce gtx 260 wich only has 896mb vram but with the 511mb onboard gave it over 1300mb of vram. Ive looked into the crossfire without a bridge and it can be done.

Wolfshadw

Titan
As I said, not only does the motherboard need to support Crossfire (yours does), but your graphic cards also need to support Crossfire (neither of your cards do).

If you want to run DX12 games, you need a DX12 capable graphics card. Your cards only support DX11.
If you want to run DX12 games, using two cards in a Crossfire configuration, you need two graphic cards that:

1) Are compatible with each other in a Crossfire configuration and
2) Both are DX12 compatible.

Of course, I haven't even touched on the power supply requirements.

Finally, if you want a DX12 card recommendation, tell us what your budget it. For some people, their "limited budget" is $25. For others it's $500.

-Wolf sends

kentarr2013

Prominent
Jun 28, 2018
yeah i cant afford $150. I cant work due to medical reasons and donate plasma for my money and after i pay for everything i need to get every week and pay my monthly cell phone bill Im broke pretty much. I relly on my montjly bonus from donating to buy what parts i can and the most i can spend is $50