[SOLVED] F4-3200C16D-16GTZR vs F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hi, can anyone help me with this proble? I am fully confused!!! I am going to biuld a new system and my mobo will be msi b450 gaming pro ac and Ryzen 7 1700x. Which should I buy? Trident z rgb F4-3200C16D-16GTZR or F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX (it is for Amd). Is the version without the X compatible with Amd platforms after updates or not? Because in my region the X version is a bit more expensive.Alsoant to run the ram in 3200mhz. Any suggestions?

Solution
Since the Non "X" memory isn't listed in any sites QVL, I would recommend you to pay a bit extra and go for the X version. Another thing you can do is check out the HyperX Predator RGB which is compatible with your motherboard. HX432C16PB3AK2/16(Profile2) will run at 2933 MHz according to MSI's website.

Last but not least, try to find some reviews of the non X version and see if anyone who bought them, used them on your motherboard you are currently looking to buy. (Excellent motherboard by the way).

After all, QVL list, is just a list for few RAM sticks that tested on a motherboard and can't cover the whole market. RAM sticks out of the QVL could work fine as well. But it's a risk always.
Jun 28, 2018
Since the Non "X" memory isn't listed in any sites QVL, I would recommend you to pay a bit extra and go for the X version. Another thing you can do is check out the HyperX Predator RGB which is compatible with your motherboard. HX432C16PB3AK2/16(Profile2) will run at 2933 MHz according to MSI's website.

Last but not least, try to find some reviews of the non X version and see if anyone who bought them, used them on your motherboard you are currently looking to buy. (Excellent motherboard by the way).

After all, QVL list, is just a list for few RAM sticks that tested on a motherboard and can't cover the whole market. RAM sticks out of the QVL could work fine as well. But it's a risk always.

Solution