F5 key not working correctly

James4832

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
Within the last week, my f5 key no longer refreshes a page, or functions in games, instead it opens an explorer window after a short delay. If I end the explorer.exe process, f5 works as expected, which leads me to believe that it is an issue with explorer itself.

I am on Windows 10, and my keyboard is a Logitech G710+.

I have tried restarting, reinstalling drivers, a different keyboard - none of which helped. If it is of any help, all of the other f keys work as expected. Short of a reinstall, what else can I do?

Solution
try making a new local user and see if it happens on that one. If its as easy as swapping users it might be something in your settings.

swapping users much less painful than reinstalling windows. you can copy your current users folders in c/users over the new one and only have to set up a few things again to be back to normal.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not a Logitech feature, i looked in LGS, you can only reprogram G keys. I need to do that sometime, mine all open the pdf guide for kb still.

Everything refers to a Function lock key, and if your KB has dedicated keys for media, you probably don't have that key. http://www.howtogeek.com/235351/how-to-choose-whether-your-function-keys-are-f1-f12-keys-or-special-keys/

this might help: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-keyboard-settings-default-windows

James4832

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

Thanks for the help, but that did not work sadly. The keyboard has no fn key either, which is what my searches brought up. It looks as though i may have to reinstall windows, if i cant find another solution.

Colif

Win 11 Master
try making a new local user and see if it happens on that one. If its as easy as swapping users it might be something in your settings.

swapping users much less painful than reinstalling windows. you can copy your current users folders in c/users over the new one and only have to set up a few things again to be back to normal.

Solution