F8

I cannot access safe mode at all by constantly hitting the F8 key as the
boot process starts. .I have a Logitech Access keyboard, which comes with a
disk to program the board. I know the possibility that the problem most
likely lies with the keyboard. Is there any other way to get into safemode?
This has been going on for 2+ weeks. When the problem first started I was
able to get to the black screen, but was unable to move the highlighted
area, normal I think, up to safe mode.
Anybody ever have a similar problem? Any ideas would be helpful.
TIA
Dexter

Hi,

Are you able to boot in normal mode at all? If so, you can force a safe mode
boot. Click start/run, type msconfig and click ok. Go to the boot.ini tab
and enable the /safeboot option. Click apply/ok and you will be prompted to
reboot. Doing so will bring you straight to safe mode. You will need to undo
this option to get back to normal mode.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Dexter Que" <dexterq62@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I cannot access safe mode at all by constantly hitting the F8 key as
> the
> boot process starts. .I have a Logitech Access keyboard, which comes with
> disk to program the board. I know the possibility that the problem most
> likely lies with the keyboard. Is there any other way to get into
> safemode?
> This has been going on for 2+ weeks. When the problem first started I was
> able to get to the black screen, but was unable to move the highlighted
> area, normal I think, up to safe mode.
> Anybody ever have a similar problem? Any ideas would be helpful.
> TIA
> Dexter

Hi

Try using the F5 key instead.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:11:46 -0400, Dexter Que wrote:

> I cannot access safe mode at all by constantly hitting the F8 key as the
> boot process starts. .I have a Logitech Access keyboard, which comes with a
> disk to program the board. I know the possibility that the problem most
> likely lies with the keyboard. Is there any other way to get into safemode?
> This has been going on for 2+ weeks. When the problem first started I was
> able to get to the black screen, but was unable to move the highlighted
> area, normal I think, up to safe mode.
> Anybody ever have a similar problem? Any ideas would be helpful.
> TIA
> Dexter

Dexter, does the keyboard have multi-purpose function keys and an F-Lock
key? If yes, try pressing F-Lock to lock in basic functions and then F8. Or
press and hold F-Lock while pressing the F8 button.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:53:10 -0400, Dexter Que wrote:

> Thank you Sharon. Next I'll rtfm.

No problem, Dexter. I'm not going to tell you how many times I restarted
with my first F-Lock keyboard before I figured out that I was missing that
step too ;)

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User