Question F_AUDIO stopped working after burnt smell

luispazbcs

Honorable
Jan 3, 2018
Hello everyone.

So I was trying to connect a rgb connector of two fans for my GPU. In my ignorance I tried to connect a VDG cable in the wrong place (Next to F_audio connector).
When I did that and turned on the PC, I started smelling burnt and turned it off instantly. I got pretty scared but everything kept working fine except for the sound.
I checked my speakers with my phone and they are fine. Also my headphones with USB connector works fine. I checked in device manager and there is no error.
When I turn on the pc I hear like intermitence noise in the speakers and no sound from them.

My conclusions are that I burnt all that sector from the motherboard. So I wanted to know if it's easy or no so expensive to change that connector (F_audio) with a tech professional.
Or if I could buy a Sound card for the PCI express port.

Also I wanted to know if "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX" Would provide a better sound than my Motheboard Onboard sound. I mean, if it would be a better quality than the one I probably Burned. Do you have any recommendations that would have a better sound than my onboard?

Specs: Aorus B450 PRO (ALC1220 120dB (A) SNR HD Audio)
Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers

Sorry for my bad english.

https://ibb.co/rsvv7KR (Image of the mobo and connector)

Thanks a lot for reading.

Lutfij

Titan
So I wanted to know if it's easy or no so expensive to change that connector (F_audio) with a tech professional.
You're going to either need a new motherboard or a discrete sound card but the way you've described the scenario, you're going to have motherboard issues down the road. From my experience, anomalies more than issues that people can solve.

As for your question about discrete sound cards audio quality, apart from anything that comes out of Creative's department(except from their top tier cards) any sound card made by Asus, HT|Omega or EVGA all a worthwhile purchase/investment. Where are you located and what is your budget for a sound card?

Reactions: luispazbcs

luispazbcs

Honorable
Jan 3, 2018
So I wanted to know if it's easy or no so expensive to change that connector (F_audio) with a tech professional.
You're going to either need a new motherboard or a discrete sound card but the way you've described the scenario, you're going to have motherboard issues down the road. From my experience, anomalies more than issues that people can solve.

As for your question about discrete sound cards audio quality, apart from anything that comes out of Creative's department(except from their top tier cards) any sound card made by Asus, HT|Omega or EVGA all a worthwhile purchase/investment. Where are you located and what is your budget for a sound card?

Thank you for your time.
I'm from Mexico but I can buy stuff from US too. My budget at the moment is about $50. I don't know if that is enough or if I need more to get a better sound quality than the one from the mobo.