Fable III Confirmed for PC; Xbox 360 CE Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Thank god this is for the PC, i thought we lost Lionhead! I loved Fable Lost Chapters and Fable II for the Xbox 360. This will be a definite buy for me. Long live the PC! :D

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
[citation][nom]rkelly1[/nom]but whats the point of getting this since they did NOT release fable 2 on pc?[/citation]
Thats what I was saying.I said Im not buying it if they dont pack in or release Fable 2 for PC there is no point for my to get this because I only got a gaming pc.I missed out on fable 2.I hope they anounce later on in e3 or something that fable 2 will be packed with the 3rd.If not Im not buying it.

rkelly1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
i mean its great that fable 3 is coming to pc but it sucks that they are not packaging fable 2 with it since whatever you did in fable 2 effects fable 3.

pyroghozt

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Lionhead is essentially whats left of Bullfrog, which is why it disgusts me that they have been making games for Xbox360 leaving their PC followers completely out to dry. I'm glad I am going to be able to try Fable III. But I'm still a bit pissed that so many titles have not been coming to PC just because we have a much better taste and actually have a good bitch when the quality of a game is bad.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]I just hope people buy the game. if it sells poorly on PC they will no doubt blame piracy and decide to stop developing for the platform.[/citation]
I tried this game on the PC a few years back and the controls sucked so bad I never continued the game. It was ported so bad that I think Lionhead/MS were trying to force you to use a kiddie console controller on the PC, FU MS.
I will stick with Fallout New Vegas.

drakaun

Distinguished
May 22, 2007
Nice,I didnt get to play Fable 2 because it was on console.

The statement above:

"But I'm still a bit pissed that so many titles have not been coming to PC just because we have a much better taste and actually have a good bitch when the quality of a game is bad."

I dont think it has anything to do with bitchy critics,that are never happy with a game.Because they load the game, and first thing they look for is the negative,instead of having a positive attitude first,then realizing there will ALWAYS be something you dont like about a game.We have better taste? I started on consoles,my taste has always been the same,no matter what platform.Maybe assuming that ALL console players are very young and dont care about quality.I dont believe that.There are older people playing consoles.In fact when there next cycle comes in,I will be getting one,just for games that dont port to PC.

Its simple business.They sell more on consoles.Less games are pirated on console.Yes,I know you can pirate them on console,with more hassle involved though.

Either way, the losers without jobs, or to cheap,or cry because they wanna try the game first by stealing it,instead of making a little effort to read reviews, or try a demo if availible, will steal the game right and left.Then it will be the last Fable we will see on PC..........

59.99? I guess this is going to be the new pricing for PC games?!

Assassins creed 59.99
CODMW2 59.99
Splinter Cell: Conviction 59.99
Fable 3 59.99

I know they charge an extra 10 on 50 for console games as part of a kickback to Microsoft and Sony consoles.Not sure if they actaully kick back 10.I know its a certain amount,just not sure what.

So why are we being charged the same as consoles?

Piracy? Well,duh! Ya think.I would wanna get my money back if you stole from my wallet.This isnt a charity for bums.

Games are getting larger in Gigs? more to develop in graphics? maybe.

Companys are getting greedy? Well in business expect that....

spikey_monkey

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]I tried this game on the PC a few years back and the controls sucked so bad I never continued the game. It was ported so bad that I think Lionhead/MS were trying to force you to use a kiddie console controller on the PC, FU MS.I will stick with Fallout New Vegas.[/citation]

I dunno what you're talking about, Regulas. I also own F:LC on the PC, you must have played a different version than I did. For me it was simple WADS and mouse buttons and ran perfectly. Easy as any FPS.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
So why are we being charged the same as consoles?

Piracy? Well,duh! Ya think.I would wanna get my money back if you stole from my wallet.This isnt a charity for bums.

Not only are you wrong on the pricing for the PC version drakaun but your logic is flawed as well. Pirates are not actually stealing money from publishers and developers. The way piracy workings is through sharing if I were to lend you my coat would you claim that you would be stealing from coat manufacturers? That is the logic you are portraying. Its not as if the pirates walk into a store steal the game off the shelf which would actually bring finical loss to others.

I have a neutral stance on the piracy issue I'm not for nor against it.
So I think this helps me weed out the BS arrangements on each side of the fence. The reason why piracy is opposed isn't because it costs them money but rather they hope that if they combat piracy enough people will buy the game/movie/music instead however this isn't a realistic view. Ive talked to many pirates about this issue and the majority state that if they were incapable of pirating they still would not purchase or be unable to purchase what they pirate in the first place.
If anything all these anti-piracy efforts and funding organizations are costing businesses money. Are the pirates morally in the right? Not really. But are they worth blaming for failures and spending money on futile attempts to stop them? Certainly not.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I found limited edition only in game item/location/events unfair to regular gamers. It seems companies are too willing to charge $30 extra for an in game sward or something.

De La NoChe

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Awesome! I always wanted to get into the other ones. I heard good things about them. Ill try this one out. I just built a new PC using eyefinity (three 23 inch Acer's). Its awesome, i love it. I just made a knife throwing montage on youtube. Check me out: www.youtube.com/delanoche21

Status
Not open for further replies.