facebook and instagram problems...

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
hi

I've got a gmail email that was first registered in 2006.

My account is still always in legal hold and I never lost the account or have the password revealed to anybody on any sites. I have a set of password for trusted parties that will never be the same as those used in forums or other untrusted sources.

I am constantly receiving Facebook and Instagram notification that contains another language that I can understand none of that. It's Indonesia language. I have NEVER been to Indonesia or have any slight bit of relationship with Indonesia.

Obviously someone overrides the confirmation of registration and registered those accounts using my email.

1. what 's the most probable reason for that? The gmail email was first registered in 2006 but I had some years of inactivity. I am not sure if I registered the account again. However, it's unlikely that someone registered my account and did not use it until it's deleted by Gmail.

2. Any security concerns now so far?

3. I am unable to delete the Facebook account or change the password, they require me to provide passport identification which is not possible. Any way I can disconnect the Facebook account using my email address while I know nothing about the owner of the Facebook?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013

Now I am able to get the facebook password reset link, however, they require me either to provide date of birth or passport proof of name before going any further, no third way.

The fact is it really has occupied one of my important mails and constantly receiving annoying notification.

I have the full control of the email, anyway I can request facebook to disconnect the account with the email