[SOLVED] Facebook Business spam emails issue

Kasin22

Honorable
Mar 21, 2016
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong category, seemed the most fitting.

2 years ago I bought an ad for my Facebook fanpage, just once. Boy, what a mistake it was. Since then I keep getting emails saying that my ad was paused and showing how it performed. Everytime I get one, I click to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email, it says that my settings were updated and a month or two later I get the same email anyway.

I tried reaching out to Facebook Business about it, but it seems like they have disabled the chat and I didn't get any replies posting on their forum or sending a DM.

Does anyone know how to get in touch in them? Not only it is annoying, but I also believe it is a breach of my GDPR rights as I should be allowed to rectify/delete that data, right?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Solution
I would just set up an email rule to send the offending emails to the trash or some other applicable email folder.

Most such emails are automatically generated based on some algorithms or other established criteria that sends out the email.

I always view "Unsubscribe" as just an end user verification that "I" still exist and will likely get even more emails as a result.

Routing the emails to a folder allows you to check again from time to time in case you actually receive a meaningful reply from a person.

Very easy for me to just scan my "trash" folder for incoming emails from those who keep sending unwanted emails despite my best efforts to stop them.

Scan , select, permanently delete.

Ralston18

Titan
I would just set up an email rule to send the offending emails to the trash or some other applicable email folder.

Most such emails are automatically generated based on some algorithms or other established criteria that sends out the email.

I always view "Unsubscribe" as just an end user verification that "I" still exist and will likely get even more emails as a result.

Routing the emails to a folder allows you to check again from time to time in case you actually receive a meaningful reply from a person.

Very easy for me to just scan my "trash" folder for incoming emails from those who keep sending unwanted emails despite my best efforts to stop them.

Scan , select, permanently delete.

Solution
May 12, 2021
Hello Kasin,

I am also experiencing this problem, I will offer some suggestions to help. It never occurs to me to see Unsubscribe as anything more than just a way for a user to ensure they still exist, as a result of which they'll likely get more emails.

You can check the emails again from time to time to see if anyone has replied to you meaningfully. My incoming emails can just be scanned into my "trash" folder by those who keep sending unwanted emails even though I attempt to stop them. A scan, selection, and permanent deletion.

Thank You.

TRENDING THREADS