Facebook Deletes 500 Million Fake Accounts In Effort To Clean Up Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
"adult nudity and sexual activity (21 million posts)"

"hate speech (2.5 million), and terrorist propaganda (1.9 million)."

Consider Facebooks history on the first quote, and the internet outrage machine on the second point. How many baby pictures and actual discussions are now gone?

LAMINI

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Same here Dookie. Still dont have any social media accounts... never will. I must be anti social that i dont live my life /following people or fishing for /likes, seeking other's favors and/or approvals, living in someone elses "cloud", and being dis"connected".

I find it rather amusing listening to the accusations that "bot" FB accounts were proven to influence the election (I assume that means the 2016 US presidential election and BREXIT they are referring to). What idiot decides his vote on what others post, bot or real? If there are people out there like that who can't think for themselves, then they shouldn't even be voting at all. Let the higher informed populate deal with big complicated behind the scenes policy stuff. The other comical thing about that claim is that Facebook themselves were caught red handed linking "trending" stories that had a political bias and blocking stories from opposing political viewpoints. Hypocrites.

With that said, Facebook is ruining our ability to communicate with each other and is regressing human social interaction in the real world. It is turning into a "LOOK AT ME!" competition among friends and family. Women especially. Everyone tries to outdo everyone else in holiday photos, vacation photos, children birthday photos, what they cooked for dinner photos, the list is endless. My sister for example is addicted to it and constantly tries to get that "perfect"photo to keep up with those family photos of her girlfriends' families. Christmas is always a nightmare. But hey, she gets that shot perfect and uploads it while our food gets cold! Then it's like "Oh look, look at all the likes and emoticons I'm getting! Yaaaay for me!" Society is dumbing down. Maybe that's what Zuckerberg had in mind all along before he takes over the world.

Pathetic.

guadalajara296

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
I agree with 10tacle coMents and I dont believe Russian influence on Facebook posts could alter or change peoples Minds that changed the election results.

Jul 8, 2018
Yeah I seen This Before On a Pinterest Pin , I think It's Good For Facebook Brand Value

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/705094885385973446/

Status
Not open for further replies.