Facebook, Google, And Twitter CEOs Called To Testify On Data Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davil

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Sorry but where was all the commotion when the Obama administration did the exact same thing and bragged about how brilliant it was? They made no secret that they were "sucking all the data from Facebook" to campaign better. I'm 100% on-board with Facebook, Google, etc... needing better security and more transparency with what they're collecting and selling. But at this point it's almost too little too late.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

I think the difference is that when the Obama campaign did it they were honest about what the data was being used for? I could be wrong about that though. This time around, IIRC Cambridge Analytics got access to the data under the condition it be used for academic/research purposes but then turned around and sold it for other purposes i.e. politics.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

Ignorance is bliss. The Obama administration was anything but honest. All the terrible things they did are now coming to light. We are now seeing all those cockroaches scattering to get away from the light. The Obama administration knew about most of this and are now trying to cover their tracks. It's not going to work. Some will be prosecuted and will serve prison time for their crimes. It's sad that the real criminals that masterminded these schemes won't be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.