Facebook Grounds Plans to Fly Internet Access to Rural Areas With Drones

Status
Not open for further replies.

InboxJonathan

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Basically they're getting their spy tech in place. Giving these people "internet" access is just the cover for the real agenda. 24/8 (yes 8) spying on people who wish to live off the grid. Not to mention, us having a future where there is no where you can run to to escape being perpetually microwaved by technology.

Yeah, the day is fast approaching where all of nature is tainted by men with money (or should I say the real owners of this world), since what I say will never matter. I do not have a say-so. In fact, Facebook will soon look to categorize articles that articulate these matters I speak of as "fake news" (I saw the TV ad), and in turn, remove them. Wake up. -__-

jasonkaler

Distinguished
Did anyone seriously expect their story to be true?
How do extremely poor people get the ground equipment to communicate with the drone? You can't just beam the internet into people's homes without a receiver/transmitter on the ground - which requires electricity, which is the actual problem they need to solve.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Wow. @jasonwalker needs to get out more. A lot of people living in rural areas are doing just fine. You don't live out in the country on acres of land because you're dirt poor. You live there because you can afford not to live in a city.

A lot of country homes look just like houses in the suburbs. And it's not uncommon to see some VERY nice houses out in the middle of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.