Facebook Introduces The Gameroom: A Potential Steam Competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
It's difficult for a steam alt to popup. As it is people are more willing to pay an extra 5-10$ for the same game to purchase it on steam and keep their existing library in the same place, as oppose to using 4-5 applications.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Thats right... you too can now play every lame mobile game on your PC... just install yet another poorly designed Facebook app that will conveniently link into every aspect of your life in order to "improve your poor quality mobile game playing experience". "Click Fruit at 1080p!!", "Chuck disgruntled Avians in crisp 4k!", the Facebook gaming app can be yours TODAY!

Filthy casuals xD

Somehow, Disgruntled Avians is a much funnier name.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Hopefully, the ShovelWare devlopers will migrate to this and stay off of Steam. If only Steam would give me an option to filter out freemium, f2p, etc.

Too bad that isn't actually the case. As you still have to install crap like Uplay, Social Club, &c to play games from many developers. Steam should play hardball with these developers and insist all game tracking, registration, DRM, awards, &c be performed through the Steam platform.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015

I have games on uplay and origin, quite a few actually. In the end I just end up ignoring these games and go back to steam.

Hmm, I wonder why Facebook, owner of Occulus, would want to create a game platform? Certainly there would be no reason for there to be any integration between this Gameroom and the Occulus game platform. /s in case there was any doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS