Facebook Intros 'Facebook Home' Android Launcher; HTC First

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and that's why they have not put out a decent FB app for Android.
Not that I care about FB, but complaints about the abysmal app have been all over the net.
They were cooking a bastardized Android-based OS, and for people that don't want that sub-par phone they came up with a launcher.

Whatever. I still won't use FB.

Meatymutawings

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
their only motive in developing this is to access your personal data, launchers get granted lots of rights and have full access to knowing what apps you use.
just more of your info for FB to sell.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
While they compare this to Amazon's Kindle (and rumored upcoming phone), the big difference is Amazon has an ecosystem. Facebook has...status updates. That's hardly something to base a phone device on. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I'll be shocked if this gains ground.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
[citation][nom]santeana[/nom][citation]Except in Facebook's case, the launcher is focused on friends, not apps.[/citation]Except in Facebook's case, the launcher is focused on steering ad revenue away from Google and toward Facebook.--Fixed.[/citation]

Is that a problem?

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]IAmVortigaunt[/nom]Except in Facebook's case, the launcher is focused on steering ad revenue away from Google and toward Facebook.--Fixed.[/citation]Is that a problem?[/citation]
yes. get lost facebook shill

Status
Not open for further replies.