Discussion Facebook security app used to 'spy' on competitors.

falling10

Proper
Oct 1, 2018
The cross-party group said that Facebook used its Onavo virtual private network (VPN) app to gather information on competitors.
Facebook could "collect app usage data from its customers to assess not only how many people had downloaded apps, but how often they used them". This knowledge helped them to decide which companies were performing well and therefore gave them invaluable data on possible competitors. They could then acquire those companies, or shut down those they judged to be a threat as BBC announced.
Mr Zuckerberg is still shows scepticism about the risk of data leaks happening between Facebook application developers.
How long it's going to happen with users' security using this popular social media? What is your opinions?

Mandark

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
My honest opinion is this, if you are at all concerned about security then do not use online social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. They are useless garbage anyway and a complete waste of time

falling10

Proper
Oct 1, 2018
My honest opinion is this, if you are at all concerned about security then do not use online social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. They are useless garbage anyway and a complete waste of time
No, I can't stop using it because for some business goals Facebook and other social media networks are great platforms for internet marketing and for attracting target audience. I consider that security is under Facebook administration responsibility.

ASK THE COMMUNITY