Facebook Stock Surpasses $30 Ahead of Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Hey hey they're finally back up to their IP.... O wait, they're not.

Anyway, I doubt it is a smartphone, but at the same time I can't imagine what else it could be. So I guess I could be wrong. We'll see.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Have not really been following the stock price since it first started. Dropped from $100 to 17.55, the people who valued facebook for the IPO should be dragged infront of a court. I get that it is hard to value, but this is just shockingly bad.

To those investor who lost money on it, stick to what you know.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Amount of ads clicked on in Facebook within my household. 0. Number of purchases made on facebook. 0.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that follows this trend.

[citation][nom]anti-painkilla[/nom]Have not really been following the stock price since it first started. Dropped from $100 to 17.55, the people who valued facebook for the IPO should be dragged infront of a court. I get that it is hard to value, but this is just shockingly bad.To those investor who lost money on it, stick to what you know.[/citation]

The starting price for Facebook stock was $40. There were some people who made a ton of money from Facebook going up to $30 so recently. I almost made several hundred percent profit with some options, but missed the time-frame mark by a mere few days :(

Regardless, Facebook never should have opened as high as they did with how much stock volume they had. They're a company who doesn't really sell many physical products and their income, overall, seems difficult to predict/control. Just look at how Zynga has been doing. I didn't touch them at their IPO and I'm glad that I didn't.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I seriously didn't think anyone used social media sites any longer, lol. What in the world is Facebook good for? Just go away already, god is it annoying to even hear that name anymore.

[citation][nom]someoneelse[/nom]good luck in doing a search engine better than google. Bing, Yahoo, Ask, Altavista, Aol all failed. Why facebook would succeed is beyond me.[/citation]

Bing, Yahoo, and even several others are still here and have tons of traffic. They don't need to be the best to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.