Facebook Working To Bring Real Social Presence To Virtual Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

overgrower

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Canceled my OR order because of the delays. After
seeing the all in one vr device I feel its better to wait for a 2nd generation device and just use a gear vr for video content.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
HTC Vive = Gaming!
Oculus = this social crap

That's such a loaded statement. Oculus actually has a healthier game lineup at launch. The Vive is better for tech demo experiences at the moment due to room scale and motion controllers.

They both have a lot of room to grow in all directions.

HaB1971

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Sorry but no... this has made me not want to go down the VR route... I use my computer at home (I'll read and comment here at work only...) to get away from "Social" to bury myself into the game I am playing which is not multiplayer or online... I play Elite Dangerous in Solo.. because I do not want other people in my gaming experiences... i'll stick with Track IR...

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Only a person that hasn't tried VR would say that. My advice would be if you don't want to buy into VR then don't try it. It's a game changer and once you dabble there is no going back I'm afraid.

VR Hype Train!!! Choo Choo!!!

HaB1971

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016

Only a person that hasn't tried VR would say that. My advice would be if you don't want to buy into VR then don't try it. It's a game changer and once you dabble there is no going back I'm afraid.

VR Hype Train!!! Choo Choo!!!

Well you are wrong, I have tried a DK1 and was initially excited... but now... I want no part of it

grilledcheez

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
instead of getting together and doing stuff we can now just drink in a circle in a virtual room and play games in that room. Reminds me of that movie with Bruce Willis where everyone has a robot version of themselves and walks around outside like that. Except, its like in VR. How long would it take before men are being tricked by fake women avatars... dear lord... this is scary and cool at the same time.. at least you could sorta hangout with your friends living in different areas of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.