Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dane47_02

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I had an old facebook account that I tried to get rid of 5 times. 9 months later it was still open.I learned this when I opened a new facebook account for a closed group I was interested in. I was able to use that group until Facebook found the old facebook account.I have since deactivated the old facebook but cannot get into that new facebook account. I am told I have to change a password but can't as I have no mobile phone number.I was told the error of requiring a mobile phone number was stopped but apparently not.The facebook phone number tells you they will not respond at all. If I cannot confirm the new password,I cannot change it.
I would just give up and not use facebook but I like the group.
interesting.

Solution
Only FB can you help you solve an account issue on their site. There is nothing we can do to assist with their accounts.

FB's responsiveness and helpfulness can be challenging as well, especially if you are unable to comply with their requirements.

Good luck.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Only FB can you help you solve an account issue on their site. There is nothing we can do to assist with their accounts.

FB's responsiveness and helpfulness can be challenging as well, especially if you are unable to comply with their requirements.

Good luck.

Solution

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

Good luck.

The problem is "What are their requirements?" My account on Facebook was deactivated by them for 'posting too quickly' (the biggest nonsense thing in history in my opinion).

I was able to get it unlocked once by giving them my father's cell phone number (Yes, I am a 38 year old without a cell phone since I do most of my work from my home) but almost immediately afterwards? Locked again for 'posting too quickly' even though I deliberately put 3 minutes between each post I made.

Okay... that is not the end: They wanted me to do their 'photo verification' thing. That is when I went "Uh oh!" because I had intentionally never uploaded any photos with my face on it to Facebook to protect my identity. Even knowing this, I snapped a picture of my face using the Windows 10 Camera app, uploaded it to Facebook, waited.... 48 hours later? Account deactivated.

Now here is where I really started getting angry: I went to the "Help Center" thing and did something i never thought I would ever do: I uploaded a picture of my driver's license to Facebook as a "Verify I.D." proof.
Nearly 24 hours later? Still have not heard anything back from them. Facebook seems to be horrendous for anyone who is not willing to sign away their whole life to them today.

They want you to upload personal photos (they are none of Facebook's business). They want you to upload Identity Proofs ala what Maryland is now doing for Driver's Licenses (another thing that irks me but another subject).

I need my account reactivated. I have numerous games that I have put hundreds of hours into linked to my Facebook account. I cannot lose all that time and energy put into those games.

Is there any way... any at all... to get an actual real live person via e-mail or phone number to get this ninnery fixed?

D

Deleted member 217926

As far as I know no one here works at Facebook. COLGeek's answer is the only correct one. Contact Facebook. We can't help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.