[SOLVED] Facecam lags while games loading?!

TheJokerSE

Prominent
Aug 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

some weeks ago I started streaming and my problem is that my Elgato Facecam is laging while games are loading. I only stream Hunt Showdown.
I've tested my Facecam with the Elgato Camera Hub and its also laging while a game is loading, so its not a problem with Streamlabs. I was watching other streamer with much worser systems and they have no lags.
Can someone help me?

CPU: Intel i7 10700K | CPU AC: Noctua NH-D15 | MB: Asus Strix Z590-F | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | PSU: Asus Thor 850W | OS: Windows 11 Pro |Case: Asus Helios | Mon: Asus PG27UQ

Solution
Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one at a time.

First observe while not using the Facecam and not gaming. Be sure to allow the system to stabilize.

Then observe with just the Facecam running. Again allowing the system to stabilize.

Lastly observe with FaceCam running and whileloading games.

The key is to identify what all is running and what system resources are being used, to what extent (%) any given resource is being used, and what is actually using that resource.

Could be some background app trying to update, backup, or just "phone home" to the software developer....

Another tool that may help is...

Ralston18

Titan
Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one at a time.

First observe while not using the Facecam and not gaming. Be sure to allow the system to stabilize.

Then observe with just the Facecam running. Again allowing the system to stabilize.

Lastly observe with FaceCam running and whileloading games.

The key is to identify what all is running and what system resources are being used, to what extent (%) any given resource is being used, and what is actually using that resource.

Could be some background app trying to update, backup, or just "phone home" to the software developer....

Another tool that may help is Process Explorer (Microsoft - free).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Solution