Question Facing problem to install windows 7 after changing the motherboard. Please Help me Experts.

Rejan_Rahman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
First of all I want to say tanks to all experts here.
Every time they give there best to provide us the authentic and best solution. I am greatful to them.
The problem is, I just change the mobo (intel H61DHww) and put the hard drive with the old os in to the mobo. But the boot was failed, w7 couldn't fix the startup. For this reason, I use a bootable pendrive to install the os w7. After finishing the format of my c drive or pertition 01, That error pops out, "setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition windows 7". I went to google, youtube but couldn't find out the perfect solution. I don't want to use diskpart to format my all drive. I followed and tried all the given solutions like, checking BIOS, using DVD etc which are provided by the youtube channels.
Guys, is there any other way, I can install the os using my new mobo??? Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Rejan_Rahman

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
If you're reinstalling Windows, they you're formating the drive either way - whether you do it manually in DISKPART, or you installed the way you proposed.... you're losing the data stored on the drive currently.
I am not worried about for the C drive mate.. If i am going to use DISKPART I have to format all my drives and i am going to loose all my data.. Thats why I just want to bypass this method. Forgive for my poor english.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you're dealing with multiple partitions on the primary drive, you're in the wrong format and will have to lose them all to reinstall Windows.

If you have a secondary drive for storage, you do not have to touch that during DISKPART formating, and will not lose data.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Ah, ok.

you have a single drive installed.

In order to install Windows, at the very least you're going to have to delete partition #1 and #2.... but I don't see the option to delete on that install screen for some reason (might be under "drive options (advanced)".
Delete #1 and #2...... not ideal, but should give you enough space to install Windows. Might not install flawlessly though - your best bet really is to backup the data from 'songs' and 'others' and fully format the drive/remove all existing partitions.