Factory OC but driver crashes

Mozarela

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
I have MSI RX 460 and it's factory overclock'd. ( Probably only + 10 Mhz ) But i see artifacts sometimes if i don't downclock. The error is - Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware- . If i do downclock about %~5 there is no artifact and no driver crashes. Is my Rx 460 faulty? or my motherboard or psu problem? I have 450W Psu which is fine for GPU. Temps are okay max 65 C. I bought few days ago. Can i change it with new one?

KaDeTime

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
the card under HL uses over 100W depending what other components you have using the power i could question the PSU ability to provide you the power it needs to OC the card. do you have items that can disconnect just to try? optical drives extra hard drives fans and so on?

Mozarela

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
I have not optical driver or extra hdd. I tried my old graphic card ( GTX 650 ~65W) and it's works without problem.But I overclocked a little bit and after few hours i got again driver crash which is nvidia one. (so probably not a driver issue beacause i got same crash on different gpu and brands). I send to warranty my rx 460 for possible card fault. When my rx460 return from the MSI, i'll try again. If it's keeps crash i'll try new PSU.

KaDeTime

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

good luck and start looking for a new PSU if you can spend the cash on it this is a good component to overspach for the future.