thijdjo

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

So I've had this laptop (Asus Zenbook UX430U) for about 2 years, rarely using it for the past 1,5 years.
I'm starting a new project with it so I wanted to give it a factory reset to get rid of anything I won't need.
So that's what I did but when I powered it on afterwards it said "Other user" and I didn't have an admin account anymore. So I (think I) went into safe mode (not sure as I don't recall seeing it on the background whereas now I do. Either way, I went to the command prompt and did the net user administrator /active:yes thing without any success. After a couple more hours I decided to give the laptop another factory reset, in a kind of desperate state of mind. So now I went into troubleshoot, startup settings and restarted yet again in safe mode. This time I could actually log in using the built in administrator. But when I wasn't even logged in yet I got the pop-up explorer.exe - System Warning "Unknown Hard Error". This kind of freaked me out and I'm at a point where I'm not sure if every move is a further mess up or if I can actually fix this following solutions given on Google and YouTube without understanding what I'm doing. You ladies and gentlemen really are my last resort before I bring my laptop to someone who knows what they're doing to fix it.

Thanks for your time and effort in advance!
Thijs de Jong

Solution

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Solution

TRENDING THREADS